The ethical code
Our ethical code is founded on the following tenets:
- Honesty and integrity – on a personal and professional level.
- Fair treatment
- Human dignity
The ethical code – Employees
- The Phoenix is committed to human dignity and provides its employees with a safe and secure work environment.
- Our employees are encouraged to implement our values of professional integrity.
- Employees of The Phoenix shall conserve corporate tangible and non-tangible resources, utilise them wisely and solely for the purpose of their work and shall not disclose any information which could harm the company.
- Employees and executives of The Phoenix shall utilise the authority and resources conferred upon them by the company in the framework of their work and for their designated aims and shall refrain from utilising them and their status for any other aim.
- Employees of The Phoenix shall refrain from receiving any benefits or gratuities from suppliers, agents, clients and other parties connected to the company which could influence, even ostensibly, their professional judgement.
- No employee shall place themselves in a situation of conflict of interests.
The ethical code – Clients
- The Phoenix shall exercise commercial integrity and fairness towards it clients.
- The Phoenix shall provide professional and courteous service to its clients, being attentive to their needs and maintain their dignity.
- The Phoenix shall protect the privacy of its clients and shall refrain from unlawfully disclosing any information about them.
The ethical code – Distribution channels (agents, banks)
- The Phoenix shall exercise commercial integrity and fairness towards the distribution channels it operates.
- The Phoenix shall facilitate equitable commercial opportunities for the various distribution channels.
- The Phoenix shall provide professional and courteous service to the various distribution channels.
- The Phoenix expects the distribution channels to act in accordance with the law, in accordance with company policy and the tenets of the ethical code.
The ethical code – Suppliers and providers of service to clients of the company
- The Phoenix shall exercise commercial integrity and fairness towards its suppliers.
- Contracts and agreements with suppliers shall be based on pertinent, professional and commercial considerations and no others.
- The Phoenix expects its suppliers to exercise commercial integrity.
- Suppliers of The Phoenix are committed to operate in accordance with the tenets of the ethical code of the company.
The ethical code – The community
- The company views social involvement and contribution to the community as an essentialvalue and shall strive to fulfil these values, avoiding any conflict of interests, bias or prejudice.
- The company encourages and enables its employees to participate in community service.
- The employees of The Phoenix are its representatives in the community and it hence expects them to act in an appropriate and respectable manner.
The ethical code – Competitors
- The Phoenix shall exercise commercial integrity with its competitors.